Taranaki Cathedral and Ngāti Te Whiti have taken their next steps into a Treaty-led future as they gathered last week to open Te Whare Hononga, the Sir Paul Reeves’ Centre and unveil a memorial to six Waikato warriors.
• Watch (2 hrs): Te Whare Hononga: pōwhiri after dawn ceremony
• New memorial to fallen rangatira unveiled in Taranaki
• TV breakfast show visits Te Whare Hononga
The New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services has welcomed the Government’s decision to lift wages for nurses and healthcare assistants at aged residential care facilities across Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Aotearoa New Zealand Anglican-Methodist dialogue group have joined together for a northern pilgrimage to historic sites where early Māori and Pākehā missionaries from the two churches cooperated in mission.
Anglican Cathedrals in Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia have offered space to all those who wish to mourn and commemorate the life of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
• Watch the state memorial service at St Paul's Cathedral Wellington
• Watch Auckland's Holy Trinity Cathedral Ecumenical & Interfaith QEII Memorial Service
Anglicans in Aotearoa New Zealand and Polynesia are marking the ecumenical Season of Creation with actions ranging from prayer and worship, to gardening and tree planting or lobbying for policy change.
The Archbishops of Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia have offered prayers and condolences at the time of Queen Elizabeth II's death.
• Archbishop Philip Richardson's personal message to his Diocese
• Archbishop Don Tamihere's pastoral letter to his Hui Amorangi
Most Rev Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury has written to the Primates of the Anglican Communion to praise the life and Christian witness of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Anglicans in central Whakatū-Nelson were back at church this Sunday after a week of interrruptions – as downpours saw rivers overflowing, widespread flooding and major landslides that damaged homes and properties and endangered lives.
Twelve Anglican women’s stories feature in a new book that chronicles Christian women connecting faith and environmental activism in Aotearoa New Zealand.