Aotearoa New Zealand contextual theologian and Catholic priest Fr Neil Darragh has discovered afresh how local churches can revitalise their lives as missional communities in his new book, “But What Is the Church For?”
Christchurch City Mission is seeking a new Missioner to guide and manage its work supporting and uplifting people struggling to get by.
After two solid years of stabilising, the Christ Church Cathedral project is moving head into a new phase of its work to reinstate the historic Cathedral damaged in the 2011 earthquakes.
• Inflation risk could add $4.6m to Cathedral reinstatement
• Cathedral roof removal achieves milestone in restoration
Anglicans in the Diocese of Wellington are hoping to give both people and planet a helping hand by backing fares-free public transport for Community Services Card Holders, under-25s and students.
When Auckland Anglican Alfred Luther stepped out of lockdown late in 2021, he headed straight to the Canary Islands to spend his summer serving the crew of an Africa-bound ‘Mercy Ships’ floating surgical hospital.
HomeGround, the 11-storey building that houses Auckland City Mission – Te Tāpui Atawhai’s services and transitional homes for Aucklanders in need has at last opened its doors.
• Auckland City Mission unveils HomeGround, a 'new home'
• A look inside Auckland City Mission’s new community facility
• City Mission's new home a one-stop shop
• Higher demand for food is 'deeply distressing'
Terrena Griffiths and the team at St Philip’s Anglican Church in Auckland’s St Heliers have found a way to save chip packet foil wrappers from landfill and create survival blankets for people sleeping rough on their city streets.
Anglican Bishops from the Pākehā dioceses that span Aotearoa New Zealand have issued pastoral guidelines and regulations for how Anglican communities can manage public events and gatherings under the Covid-19 traffic light system.
• We don’t want a church divided because of Covid
• Timaru churches adapt to Vaccine Pass requirements
• Marlborough churches plan for orange
In the lead up to Christmas, the Auckland City Mission - Te Tāpui Atawhai worry they won’t be able to meet the needs of the increasing number of families struggling to make ends meet under the prolonged Covid lockdown.
• Auckland Council supports City Mission's angels appeal