The Archbishops of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia issued a joint Christmas message today.
• The Archbishops introduce our Province to the Communion
Co-Chair of the InterChurch Bioethics Council, the Rev Dr Graham O’Brien unpacks the problems that remain in the new version of the End of Life Choice Act.
The Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia’s missions arm has held a day of celebrations to mark 100 years since the Anglican Board of Missions began sending its evangelists and Christian workers into the field in 1919.
Anglican Missions has revived its call to support the Anglican Church of Melanesia’s Ambae Appeal, which will now fund recovery, rebuilding and disaster preparedness work with communities on Ambae Island, Vanuatu.
Today 21 Aotearoa New Zealand faith leaders sent a letter to MPs asking them to consider seven reasons why the End of Life Choice Bill should not go ahead.
• Experts highlight increased non-assisted suicide risk
• Legal, health professionals' letter to MPs on suicide rate
• US study tracks suicide rates & euthanasia legalisation (PDF)
• MP David Seymour's 'fiery response' to faith leaders
• Australian religious leaders back better palliative care
Anglicans are being invited to mark the 30th anniversary of He Karakia Mihinare o Aotearoa - A New Zealand Prayer Book on 1 December 2019.
Leaders of the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand have spoken out against boundary-crossing by Anglican bishops who supported the ordination of a bishop for a break-away church last Saturday.
• Statement by the Archbishops re the CCAANZ Ordination
The Salvation Army is calling on government to prevent loan sharks and harmful debt collection practices by building a stronger set of laws to protect financially vulnerable people in Aotearoa New Zealand.