Bishop Helen-Ann Hartley has accepted a call to become the Bishop of Ripon, in the Diocese of Leeds in England. She will finish her service in the Diocese of Waikato and Taranaki on Christmas Day.
• Bishop Helen-Ann Hartley moves from Waikato to Leeds
• New Bishop of Ripon announced
Some 1400 well-wishers jammed into Auckland’s Holy Trinity Cathedral yesterday to witness the consecration of the now completed cathedral, 174 years after Bishop Selwyn had bought the site on which it stands.
Auckland's Holy Trinity Cathedral is on the eve of its consecration - 174 years after New Zealand's first bishop bought the site on which it stands.
Christchurch diocesan synod has voted to reinstate ChristChurch Cathedral in the Square.
• Quake-damaged Christ Church Cathedral to be restored
• ChristChurch Cathedral to be restored
• There was an overwhelming 'yes'
• PM Bill English welcomes restoration of Christchurch Cathedral
• Cathedral decision to spur central city regeneration
The Christchurch diocesan synod has engaged in robust debate over the future of ChristChurch Cathedral in the Square through yesterday and this morning. The synod is scheduled to hold its first vote on the Cathedral just after midday today.
Phil Clark, the former National Director of the Church Army in New Zealand, was farewelled at St George's Papatoetoe yesterday.
By mid-afternoon, Saturday, September 9, the Diocese of Christchurch synod will have chosen the fate of the Cathedral in the Square. Bishop Victoria has published a prayer seeking guidance for these deliberations.