The Old Testament story of Naboth's Vineyard is about a man who refuses to sell his inherited land to the king. So his queen has Naboth stoned, and dogs lick his blood. It's a story missionaries reached for when they tried, and failed, to save the iwi land on which downtown Tauranga is built.
• The General Synod apology to the Tauranga Moana hapu
• Naboth's Vineyard: the Reese report
• The day General Synod said sorry - a report
And you visited me. About 150 well-wishers from nga hau e wha piled into an Auckland rest home yesterday to celebrate a remarkable life in prison ministry.
Archdeacon Tiki Raumati was laid to rest in New Plymouth yesterday. But in death, he continues to challenge us.
• Archdeacon Tikitūterangi Raumati makes powerful gesture in death
• Tiki's journey: Bishop George Connor's eulogy.
• Video: Tiki Raumati buried in Taranaki Cathedral grounds
• "We have such happy memories..."
The following is a notice from Archbishops Don and Philip about the death, this morning, of one of the giants of Te Haahi Mihinare, the Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand.
A date has been set for the installation of Bishop Don Tamihere as the next Pihopa o Aotearoa, or head of the Maori Anglican church.
Te Aute Trust Board has appointed Bishop Don Tamihere to shepherd its two schools into the future.