Archbishop Fereimi Cama is heading a team from the Diocese of Polynesia to witness on Christian responses to climate change at a conference in the UK Diocese of Lincoln this week.
The Archbishops have announced who is to become the next Bishop of Polynesia. He's a Fijian man who has demonstrated courage at the point of a gun – and readiness to serve Polynesians of every ethnic background.
• From classroom to church: achieving his childhood dream
• Vigils - and Vigilantes
• Fiji Sun story
• Fiji Times story
• RNZ Pacific announcement
The Diocese of Polynesia has confirmed a list of 10 candidates who have offered themselves for discernment as the next Bishop of Polynesia – and therefore as Archbishop and Primate of this church.
Archbishop Winston Halapua is en route to Cambridge – where he will begin a new season of ministry and reflection at Westcott College, a CofE theological seminary.
On Sunday, Archbishop Winston Halapua was farewelled from Suva's Holy Trinity Cathedral - thus beginning a series of leave takings from each of the Diocese's seven units or archdeaconries.
• Archbishop honoured at his last sermon
• ++Winston praises Bainimarama climate strategy
• Polynesia's Anglican primate farewelled
If Christians lose sight of the simplicity of the Gospel, the Archbishop of Canterbury said in Suva on Sunday, "we become simply an NGO with big buildings."
• The ABC's Suva sermon
• Oceania fono emphasises love & care for creation
• Archbishop Justin Welby deeply grateful for Fiji's hospitality
The Oceania Fono wrapped up its deliberations on climate change this afternoon in a way that transcended the science, and impacted the heart...
• Anglican leader eager to listen and to learn
• Minister talks climate dangers with Anglican leaders