The InterChurch Bioethics Council is asking Parliament to halt deliberations on MP David Seymour’s ‘End-of-Life-Choice’ Bill until after this year’s election.
Rising numbers of elder abuse cases are the tip of the iceberg
Auckland Cathedral has reached out to the city's Shia Muslim communities to offer hospitality during Ramadan.
He will come from London to be the next Bishop of Dunedin - but Steven Benford is no stranger to the city.
Peter Carrell unpacks the litany of gifts God bestows on the faithful at Pentecost , which fulfill promises, answer prayer and enliven with the Spirit's power.
Bishop Victoria Matthews has challenged Canterbury to put people before buildings, as they consider how best to use public money on the region's earthquake recovery.
• Christchurch church leaders rally for Bishop Victoria
Peter Carrell delves into Christ's glorious ascension: a joyous experience for his disciples who must now carry on Jesus' work in the world.
The Diocese of Christchurch has announced it will make a decision on Christchurch's cathedral in the square at its synod in September this year.
• Archbishop Philip: Synod is the right body to decide
• Church to decide cathedral's fate in September
• Delay on cathedral decision disappoints rebuild minister
• Gerry Brownlee talks about Christchurch cathedral's future
Church leaders met with Prime Minister Bill English and senior government ministers last week, to hand over a slate of proposals aimed at lifting Kiwi well-being.
• Safe and Affordable Housing for All
• Better returns on Social Investment
• Churches offer help for pilot refugee sponsor scheme
• Jenesa Jeram: Data can tell us when social investment is worthwhile
• Manus detainees ask New Zealand for asylum