Dunedin’s new bishop has wasted no time connecting with his clergy. A month ago, every licenced clergyperson in the diocese received a hand-written letter from their bishop-elect.
Christchurch diocesan synod has voted to reinstate ChristChurch Cathedral in the Square.
• Quake-damaged Christ Church Cathedral to be restored
• ChristChurch Cathedral to be restored
• There was an overwhelming 'yes'
• PM Bill English welcomes restoration of Christchurch Cathedral
• Cathedral decision to spur central city regeneration
The Christchurch diocesan synod has engaged in robust debate over the future of ChristChurch Cathedral in the Square through yesterday and this morning. The synod is scheduled to hold its first vote on the Cathedral just after midday today.
Phil Clark, the former National Director of the Church Army in New Zealand, was farewelled at St George's Papatoetoe yesterday.
By mid-afternoon, Saturday, September 9, the Diocese of Christchurch synod will have chosen the fate of the Cathedral in the Square. Bishop Victoria has published a prayer seeking guidance for these deliberations.
The Equality Network is calling on politicians to commit to truly free schools where children have the same opportunities irrespective of their household incomes.
The Diocese of Christchurch has released details of a third option for the future of ChristChurch Cathedral in the Square for its synod to consider this September.
• The Press:Christchurch synod to consider gifting Cathedral
• Newshub: Third option on the table for ChristChurch Cathedral
• RNZ: Anglican church considers gifting Chch's cathedral to NZ
Professor Martyn Percy has challenged New Zealand cathedrals to trespass into society for the gospel's sake as he delivered this year's Bishop Selwyn lecture in Auckland.