The Archbishops have released the interim report of the Motion 29 Working Group - which is the group charged with finding mechanisms for the church to stay together.
• The Archbishops' covering letter
• The Motion 29 Working Group report - in full
• Katene Eruera unpacks the recommendations
• Reflections on helping shape the report
In this Sunday's gospel, Matthew shows how Jesus' law is not only simpler, but lighter than his contemporaries rule-laden tries at religion.
The InterChurch Bioethics Council is asking Parliament to halt deliberations on MP David Seymour’s ‘End-of-Life-Choice’ Bill until after this year’s election.
Rising numbers of elder abuse cases are the tip of the iceberg
Peter Carrell delves into Christ's glorious ascension: a joyous experience for his disciples who must now carry on Jesus' work in the world.
Church leaders met with Prime Minister Bill English and senior government ministers last week, to hand over a slate of proposals aimed at lifting Kiwi well-being.
• Safe and Affordable Housing for All
• Better returns on Social Investment
• Churches offer help for pilot refugee sponsor scheme
• Jenesa Jeram: Data can tell us when social investment is worthwhile
• Manus detainees ask New Zealand for asylum
The Eastertide issue of Anglican Taonga magazine heads off the beaten track to sites of holiness where our two newest bishops grounded their calls to leadership.
A New Zealand anti-euthanasia coalition says most New Zealanders who submitted to the Health Select Committee on end-of-life issues do not support legalising euthanasia.
In this week's gospel Jesus prepares his disciples to see him no more, but offers the promise of his Spirit – to remain with them forever.