Mover: Rt Rev’d R Bay
Seconder: Rt Rev’d P Richardson
THAT this General Synod/te Hīnota Whānui resolves that in the light of
- the impact of the Christchurch earthquakes,
- the subsequent increase in the cost of insurance; and
- the fact that a Diocese or Hui Amorangi may not rebuild a property following an earthquake or other disaster
It recognizes that trustees of church property may properly
- not insure a building against the risk of earthquake damage; or
- insure property at less than full value; or
- leave property uninsured; or
- insure in a manner that provides significantly less cover than was commonplace prior to the Christchurch earthquake without being held to be imprudent.
and asks the Judicial Committee to consider recommending the inclusion of this resolution in the list of standing resolutions at the conclusion of this General Synod / te Hīnota Whānui.